At Darley Churchtown we aim to provide a secure and caring school in which all children will work towards achieving their full potential in an atmosphere which encourages and values self-esteem. We aim to help children to develop a positive and realistic self-image where their successes are celebrated. We want all our children to develop a positive attitude and respect towards each other and their surroundings.
We want our children to 'Be the best they can be.'
Darley Churchtown will seek to develop the child's full potential academically, physically, morally, spiritually and socially. In the process of achieving this, the following aims have been agreed:
- To stimulate a love of learning in a child by offering a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum encompassing the National Curriculum;
- To do the best for each child in an atmosphere of Christian worship, values and relationships in a happy, secure and safe environment;
- To ensure equality of opportunity for all our pupils regardless of age, gender, race, disability, creed or colour;
- To encourage each child to grow in personal motivation, self-confidence and initiative and to celebrate their achievements;
- To help each child to take responsibility for their own behaviour and foster co-operation and respect for others regardless of age, gender, race, disability, creed, colour and personal circumstances.