PE Primary School Sport in England
Primary school sport has been given extra funding from the Government for the last three academic years. This is known as the ‘Sport Premium’. Funding is allocated directly to schools with primary aged pupils, providing a dedicated resource to improve PE and sport provision. Schools have the freedom to choose how they use the funding, but the aim is to build a sustainable model of improved provision for PE and sport.
We aim to increase participation and opportunity to take part in/try new sports.
We were allocated £8091 for 2015/16 and this was spent on the following:
- Specialist Sports Coach delivered Multi Sports PE provision to KS1 and 2. Different sports and year groups rotated to maximise opportunity and participation.
- PE t-shirts for every child in the school in their house colours.
- Subsidising costs of residential trips to outdoor centres White Hall and Lea Green to build confidence and experience new activities.
- Tennis coaching in the Summer Term.
- Gymnastics coaching in the Winter Term.
- Midday supervisor training for more active lunchtimes.
- Partnership Fees to enable participation in tournaments and initiatives within the cluster.
- Balance Bike sessions for Infant class.
- After school clubs and lunchtime clubs in school and at Highfields. For example activities such as football, netball, athletics, multi-sports. Programme varies throughout the year and according to the season.
- Transport costs to attend tournaments as needed.
- Mini leader training.
For the academic year 2016 / 2017 we have been allocated £8,351 in sports premium money. We have been using this money as follows:
- Buying in to sports packages provided by local secondary schools to provide opportunities to take part in a wide variety of sporting events, with other local schools, such as orienteering, dance and rounders.
- Multisports provision in school with a specialist sports coach.
- Mini leader training for playtimes for Year 4s and 5s.
- Balance bikes for Reception and Year 1 pupils.
- Gymnastics and tennis coaching.
- Subsidising outdoor residentials.
- Transport to sporting events.